The Self Build Academy® started with four core workshops and seminars, each targeted at different stages of the build process. Now, in 2016 we have over 14 different courses and events to help guide you through each stage of your, self-build journey.
So no matter what your current self build status our Self Build Academy® has a course for you. Whether you're right at the initial stages searching for land, or ready to build we can guide you through the process.
Our events include:
1. Introduction to Self Build – Ideal if you have not yet found land and the perfect place to start your self build journey. You will gather information on finding land and gaining planning permission, designing a home to suit your lifestyle and budget and how to build a timber framed home.
2. Finding Land & Appraising a Plot - This extensive one day event, will give you all the advice and knowledge you need to find your ideal plot, and then how to appraise that plot. It will help provide you with the information you need to determine the suitability and overcome and possible obstacles.
3. Making the Most of Your Plot - This workshop is ideal if you have identified a building plot. You'll meet a team of experts who can advise on whether it is suitable to build on, suggest how we can tailor designs for the plot, explain how to navigate through the planning process, and provide advice on energy efficient construction methods and details on project costing.
4. Self Builder Networking - The bi-monthly events commence with a short presentation covering a topic such as finance, design or a customer case study followed by a Q+A. You are then invited to chat with like-minded aspiring and seasoned self builders over coffee and cake before taking an opportunity to browse our show houses.
5. The Design Process Explained - this seminar will explain how we go about working with you to design your new home from start to finish. It will take you through the process of creating a design, beginning with establishing your budget, understanding your lifestyle and creating a design brief, right through to preparing a design ready for submission to planning.
Along with a number of other events including Green Build Day, Creating the Look, My Energy Efficient Home, How to Plan & Start Your Build, How to Manage, Control and Complete Your Build, Pop Up Events and Designing Your Perfect Kitchen.